30 march 2020
Starting from 1st April state pensions including social pensions are indexed by 6.1% – considering the growing cost of living for pensioners in 2019.
Such increase involves 3,800,000 retired persons, among them 3,200,000 recipients of social pensions, the majority of whom receive pensions in connection with disability (2.1 million ) and due to loss of breadwinner (1million ).
Together with social pensions indexation applies to the pensions of the following categories of the citizens:
- World War II veterans,
- persons awarded the badge of honor «Resident of Blockaded Leningrad»,
- military men who performed military service under conscription and members of their families,
- citizens , exposed to radiation or man-made disasters and members of their families,
- aviation test-flight personnel,
- and some other categories.
After indexation the average amount of the social pension will be RUB 9,850. The average amount of the social pension to the disabled children will reach RUB 14,500, of the social pension to persons disabled from childhood (1 group) – RUB 14, 600.
The amount of pensions of the World War II veterans, who are entitled both to the insurance and state pensions, will grow on average up to RUB 39, 800. Pensions of the disabled persons due to military trauma (also entitled to the insurance and state pensions) after indexation will increase on average up to RUB 32, 300.